Scroll Top

Canada has become a booming hub for international students whose dreams include remaining in the country following the completion of their studies. Exceptional educational system – from elementary school to post-secondary studies, – a reputation for openness, high standard of living, and a welcoming environment are attracting students from all over the world. Canada is also an increasingly popular option for students who seek and require a less expensive alternative to studying internationally than they might find in the US, Australia and New Zealand. Canadian universities are recognized worldwide for the outstanding quality of education, often at a more affordable cost.

96% of international students recommend Canada as a study destination

In addition to being a desirable global destination to earn a degree, Canada also offers a direct path to permanent citizenship – an option many international students seek. The Canadian government has always seen international students as desirable potential permanent residents.

60% of international students plan to apply for permanent residence

As a student you have been schooled in the Canadian system and taken the time to understand, not only the education system, but Canada as a whole. You will be given the opportunity to work and then apply for Permanent Residence, this has allowed the next generation Canadian to start their Canadian journey through an academic institution.

ICI’s Study to Citizenship Program can help to guide you through the process. From selecting a designated leaning institution and a program where you will excel to getting your study permit followed by a work permit, permanent residency and, finally, becoming a Canadian citizen. We will be there every step of the way.

The quality of the Canadian education system
Canada’s reputation as a tolerant and non-discriminatory society
Canada’s reputation as a safe country

The study permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. It is not the same as visa and does not let you enter Canada. In addition to the study permit you may need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).


Fill out the free assessment and we will be in touch with you to discuss your available options.

ICI Study to Citizenship
Find a school that's right for you and apply
Apply for a study permit as soon as possible
Work while you study
Help your spouse/partner work while you study
Extend your visa or study permit as needed
Get a post-graduation work permit (PGWP)

With a PGWP, you can work for up to three years in Canada for almost any employer
Get another type of work permit if you are not eligible for PGWP

Explore other types of work permits you could be eligible for
Help your spouse/partner keep working while you work
With Canadian educational credentials and work experience, you're a great candidate to apply to stay permanently

Check out your options:
"EE" Express Entry
"PNP" Provincial Nominee Program
"AIP" Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The time you spend in Canada as a student or temporary worker counts towards eventually applying to be a Canadian citizen